Wednesday, September 19, 2012

ATC - "Use Something Up"

December 2008.  The theme was "Use Something Up".  That had been my New Year's resolution the year before and I had suggested it as a theme for our ATC's.  I guess it wasn't a favorite, since it was scheduled last :-)  .

Here was my colophon on the back of the card:

Backgrounds from paper I've been saving for a "rainy day".  Collaged with materials left from past projects.  Used up a spool of metallic machine embroidery thread--a brief hobby from 25 years ago.  Lettering done with gel pen--several went into the trash before finding one that worked.

For this project, I ended up looking through many drawers and I found a lot of stuff I didn't know I had--very handy for upcoming projects!"

This is a great reminder for my upcoming exchanges--my craft room is full of things I need to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment