Saturday, October 27, 2012

New Class - Adventures with Romans

Samples from the new mini-class I'm teaching, Adventures with Romans.  We start with traditional Roman letters and tweak them in fun ways for journal pages and mail art. 

I rejoined the San Diego guild, with the goal of studying with Pat Blair in March (lead White House calligrapher). 
Colorful Counterspaces: I'll play with more variations along this line.  The squirrel is a modified version of one I saw in Sachiko Umoto's book, let's draw cute animals. I modified the cheeks to be more puffy like our pet, Suzy's cheeks, which are always stuffed with as much as she can possibly hold.  My version also reflects the fact that a squirrel has claws for climbing and digging, not fingers--maybe squirrels in Japan have those? :-)  Here again is a link to our videos of sweet Suzy: http://www.youtube.com/krisandden .

No comments:

Post a Comment