Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Postcrossing Story 1

In 2014, I took a wonderful 2-D Design class at Coastline College. For my class project, I cropped a single sunflower from a photo of an entire field of sunflowers, which I had snapped in the French countryside. I enlarged and manipulated the image to come up with this result, which is still one of my favorites.

In 2015, I had created an ATC, with this basic design, and this week, I finally recreated it as a postcard and sent it to my latest Postcrossing contact, Sara, in Ohio. I must have mentioned calligraphy, since she sent a lovely acknowledgement, telling me that she had recently purchased a book and was having a little trouble with her writing. I messaged her, suggesting she contact her local calligraphy guild--they specialize in low-cost education.

I love how, via Postcrossing, we sometimes connect, ever so briefly, with people who live far from us.

More stories to follow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment